Underwood's Cafeteria

Underwood's Cafeteria

404 W Commerce Street
Brownwood, Texas
(325) 646-1776

Underwood’s had its beginning during the Depression in the 1930’s when a Brady, Texas, butcher by the name of M.E. Underwood started cooking and selling Bar-B-Q door-to-door in order to make ends meet for his growing family.  By the early 40’s he had built a small white frame shack by the side of the road, and opened the first of what would become a chain of Take-Out Bar-B-Q places.  After the end of W.W.II, the family moved to Brownwood and with the help of his son, Morris, a Bar-B-Q Stand was opened on West Commerce Street.

Underwood's Cafeteria

404 W Commerce St
Brownwood, Texas