Lehnis Railroad Museum and Visitor Center
Lehnis Railroad Museum relives the railroad history of Brownwood, Central Texas, and the American Southwest. Exhibits include a variety of railroad memorabilia and equipment, photos and stories of early railroads while vividly interpreting the importance of the railroad to this area and American life.
When you arrive in Brownwood – The Heart of Texas, we invite you to make the Brownwood Visitor Center, located at 700 E. Adams St., your first stop.
With a knowledgeable staff to answer your questions, plus free public restrooms and parking, this is the ideal spot to start your Brownwood Adventure.
Situated across from Brownwood Fire Station #1 and the Brownwood Santa Fe Depot and Civic Center, the Visitor Center is in the Lehnis Railroad Museum – making it a prime location for watching trains go by while planning your visit.
Open six days a week (Closed Holidays)
Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Brownwood Visitor Center features:
- Free visitor guide, maps, and brochures
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff to answer your questions
- Comfortable atmosphere to relax and plan your time in Brownwood & Brown County
- Wide selection of free Brownwood, Brown County, and Texas travel literature
- Large public restrooms
- Free WiFi access & Coffee
700 East Adams Street Brownwood, TX 76801