Camp Bowie 36th Division Memorial Park– 8.71 acres off Morris Shepherd at Burnett Road across from Brownwood Regional Medical Center. Camp Bowie in Brownwood was a vital military training camp during WWII. Today there is a memorial park displaying military equipment and vehicles used during WWII through Vietnam honoring the role the United States Military has played in the history and development of Brownwood.
Center Park– Located at corner of Center Ave. and East Baker. This downtown park was built in 2003 and has a beautiful water fall with rock walls that provide seating.
Fabis Primitive Park– 22 acres located 2 miles out on Farm Market 2125 toward Lake Brownwood Dam. Fishing and boat ramp available from 8:00 am till dusk. Large pecan orchard along Jim Ned Creek. This park is great for canoeing, kayaking, and bird watching.
Margaret & Stuart Coleman Plaza– 2.3 acres located on East Adams between in the Depot Civic and cultural Center Complex. Brick Stage with Electrical, Benches, Shade, and 1080 Steam Engine. For Pavilion reservations, call Adams Street Community Center at 325-646-0146.
Riverside Park– 46.43 acres adjacent to the Pecan Bayou on East Commerce (entrance at Bruner Chevrolet). Large Playground Area, Sand Volleyball Court, Boat Ramp, Nature Trail, Picnic Table, BBQ Pits, Restroom Facilities, Pavilion, and RV Hookups. One mile by 8 foot wide concrete Walking Trail. The Pavilion or RV Hookups may be reserved by calling Adams Street Community Center at 325-646-0146.