1. Discover how the railroad changed Brownwood.
2. Open the “unopen able” safe.
*NOTE: No torches, picks, or other utensils can be used in “cracking” the safe.
3. Communicate like a hobo.
4. “Buy” a ticket and win a prize.
*NOTE: Teachers this is a great T.E.K.S activity – math and geography.
5. Imagine how the “rich” used to eat
6. Go to war on an Iron Horse.
7. Build great minds.
The Museum has upgraded its play area to all Sensory and S.T.E.A.M. activities. Parents can relax while their children build forts, learn how trains move down the tracks, and stimulate their minds with our sensory table.
*Teachers this is another T.E.K.S. opportunity, as well as great for special education classes.
8. The Big Red Caboose.
9. Do you have business to take care of? “Take” the Pullman Business Car.
10. Discover how tickets were purchased 100+ years ago in Kress, TX.
11. Look for Monarch Butterflies.
- Did you know that the monarch butterfly population is dwindling? In order to help support the monarch butterflies, the museum has established a butterfly garden. You can learn about the monarch life cycle, the importance of milkweed and other plants, and their migration path.
12. Feel the wind in your hair, as you take a Ride on the Mini Train.
13. Party like it’s your birthday.
14. Join the club & watch model trains go round and round.